The Tull Family Theater is a film-based arts organization created to strengthen cultural, educational and entertainment experiences in the region northwest of Pittsburgh. The nonprofit is based in Sewickley, PA, and looking for talented, enthusiastic employees. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented startup environment, and are interested in providing excellent customer service, keep an eye on this site! Currently, all positions are filled, but we expect to be adding Crew Members on a rolling basis.
The Tull Family Theater, a nonprofit film theater, is opening in Sewickley, PA, and looking for talented Crew Members who are enthusiastic and eager to land what may be their first job in the film industry.
Hours: 6-30 hours/week including nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
Crew Members are the face of the theater and an indispensable part of a team that provides the best possible experiences for our guests. YOU are the reason our guests keep coming back.
You must be at least 16 to join us and take the fun of film seriously. We will count on you to always be friendly and enthusiastic as you help our guests.
Crew Members perform ALL the following roles:
- Cashier–work the register, handle cash, credit and debit transactions.
- Concessionist–serve food and beverages to customers.
- Usher–serve as the gatekeeper and direct guests to the correct theater.
- Ticketing agent–sell tickets, know the current film plots and show times.
- Projectionist understudy–ensure proper sound and projection throughout showing of films.
- Superb team member–maintain cleanliness of concession equipment, counters, lobby, restrooms and theater; have regular and consistent attendance; look the part with neat personal appearance and cleanliness; keep cool, courteous and efficient under pressure; wear a smile.
Our Crew Members are:
- Excited to join our team and learn new skills.
- Enthusiastic about the arts, particularly film.
- Able to communicate clearly with guests, coworkers and managers.
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done and create a great experience for guests.
- Willing to have fun at a cool job!
Experience in a restaurant, retail or another customer-service, hospitality job a plus.
Physical Demands: Walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, squatting and the ability to be on your feet for up to 3 hours at a time. Reaching, gripping, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting (overhead and waist level) up to 50 pounds.
Computer and online skills including keyboarding, using the phone, performing manual dexterity and fine motor skills for operating concession and ticketing equipment.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
The Tull Family Theater employees are part of an energetic, goal-oriented team working in a collaborative environment at a new cultural asset, The Tull Family Theater. EEOC. The Tull Family Theater serves the region with a fully accessible, state-of-the-art venue with two screening rooms and a performance/event space. www.thetullfamilytheater.org